World Championships of Academic Kyykkä 10.02.2018
What is it?
Kyykkä is a traditional team sport originating from Karelia. The basic idea of the game is to knock kyykkäs (small wooden cylinders) out of your own game-square by throwing a karttu (stick, resembling baseball bat). The rules of kyykkä can be read here.
Every February more than 4000 students gather to Hervanta, Tampere to play this game and to figure out who is the World Champion. 512 team places in open class and 128 team places in women's class are usually sold out in about 2 hours after the registration starts two months before the event.
For you? ISE Kyykkä
There will be a special ISE (I Speak English) class for exchange students and other internationally minded people. The official language of ISE-class will be English and the referees and judges will speak English. Rules will be available in English.
- Rules in English
- Judges speak English
- Where possible the competition material is in English
- 55€ per team (one team has 4 players)
- Team members get a Juvenes meal on Kyykkä day.
- The sign-up for the 2018 competition is open from 1st of December to 26th of January.
- More about kyykkä here or just ask your Finnish friend about the game.
Sign-up for the ISE judges:
If you are interested in judging, please fill this form!
Kyykkä 2018 Overall badges and party tickets
You can preorder afterparty tickets and additional overall badges with the sign-up.
Any questions? email us: ISE (ät) kyykka.fi